Social entrepreneur, writer, founder and CEO of (Glowork),a women empowerment organization that provides thousand jobs for women. Glowork won the best innovation award to create job opportunities globally by World Bank, United Nation and (ILO) International Labor Organization. Khadair is an Honorary Fellow for Oshka and a Global Shaper at the World Economic Forum. In March 2014, Khalid was elected to become a “young Global leader” in the World Economic Forum due to his work in social enterprises.
He held the role of Chief Operating Officer at (KPMG) in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Jordan the thing that helped him gaining experiences in all aspects of strategic and successful marketing and operations .He was able to lead all the firms that he has worked with to more than 30 awards which goes with firm's overall corporate goals and strategy. Through him, Glowork has invested more than 16 million dollars to extend its current operations in different sectors.
Khalid participated in a number of advisory councils all over the world such as the CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) advisory council, the Country Officer for Women Campaign International, Steering committee member at the Ministry of Labor in Saudi Arabia, Steering committee member for talent mobility at the World Economic Forum, Advisory Member at Saudi Broadcasting, a judge at the Hult Prize, Employment Committee Member at the Riyadh Chamber of Commerce, Board Member at DAF Consulting Firm, & a mentor at the Founders Institute at Silicon Valley. In October 2015, Khalid became a judge on the MBC show AL Israr.
Early Life and Education
Khaild was raised and educated between Canada and United Kingdom (UK) where he believes in the necessity of having equal and diversified job opportunities. Khalid chose an education in business although he comes from family of doctors because he believes that such an education will create new areas for him. He graduated from Saint Mary's University of Canada in 2007 and despite of all his family live in Canda, he prefers to get back to his roots and chooses to improve himself in his country.
Khalid struggled at the beginning of his career to find the job that suits him due to the lack of enough information on the available jobs. He soon joined to (KPMG) as a marketing supervisor and within three years only, he became the Country Marketing & Communications Manager for KPMG. He was able to lead (KPMG) to gain more than 25 key awards in the fields of Corporate Social Responsibility and Working Environment including Best Saudi Company to work for 4 years in a row and King Khalid Award for Responsible Competitiveness for two years in a row too.
جلو ورك - Glowork
Khalid aimed, through Glowork, to empower women and increase the diversity in Saudi labour markets. Glowork is the first dedicated organization in Saudi Arabia where its online portal considered being a platform that links female job seekers and employers and it also has a system that allows women to work from home that thing that creates job opportunities for them in rural areas. It also has a section for filtering, screening, interviewing and mentoring for Saudi women in order to employ the largest female career in the Middle East in 2012&2013.
In 2012 Glowork became a private public partnership with the Ministry of Labor and due to this it gained global recognition from various quarters and received endorsement from Adel Fakeih the Saudi Minister of Labor.
Awards and Recognitions
- Won the first place from the International Labor Organization, World Bank and the UN in creating jobs for women in Saudi Arabia for best solution in job creation throughout the globe.
- An Honorary Fellow for Oshka.
- A Global Shaper at the World Economic Forum.
- A “Young Global leader” at the World Economic Forum due to his work in social enterprises.
- Won the Excellence Award in Entrepreneurship at the Global Thinkers Forum.
- The Best Head of Marketing in the Middle East.
- Got the third place in the list of the most 30 effective characters under the age of 30 in the Gulf Business Magazine.
- One of the top 500 most powerful Arabs by Arabian Business Magazine.
- Won the second place as the strongest Arab businessmen in 2014 by Gulf Business magazine.
- Participated in a number of Advisory councils throughout the Globe such as the CMO Council Advisory Board, the Country Officer for Women Campaign International, Steering committee member at the Ministry of Labor in Saudi Arabia.
- Advisory Member at Saudi Arabia Broadcasting, a judge at the Hult Prize, Employment Committee Member at the Riyadh Chamber of Commerce.
- A board member at DAF a consulting firm.
- Chosen as Saudi Who’s Who by Jeddah Destination magazine.
- A consultant at the Founders Institute at Silicon Valley.
- Participated in more than 100 events in the last three years to offer the best women experiences.
- Glowork’s founder is on the steering committee for women employment at the Ministry of Labor under the patronage of Princess Adelah bint Abdullah.
- Women Gala Campaign Award.
- Won Prince Abdulaziz bin Abdullah award as the Best Established Organization.
- Forbes Middle East Award for rising Start Up by Prince Khalid bin Bandar Al Saud.
- Best educational project in the Arab Summit Investment.
- Recognized at the World Economic Forum as a best practice for gender equality.
- Won Prince Salman Award for business leaders as the first place in services sector.
- Awarded by Forbes Magazine as one of the inspiring leaders in the business world 2014.
- Awarded by Frost & Sullivan the Customer Value Leadership Award for online Hiring Platforms.